Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Keep or Sell?

Here are some reasons I should sell my house: 
1)   I would make a lot of money off the sale, and could afford to buy a new computer and a plane ticket to Shanghai; I could start investing.
2)   I would make a clean break in terms of paperwork and taxes

Here's why I should keep my house: 
1)  It's an awesome place in an awesome location, I might want to come back and have a place to live; the market will be tough to reenter later on.
2)  It's price is likely to skyrocket once the light rail starts running in a few years

If I don't sell, I'm not sure now I could afford to buy a new computer, move to Shanghai, attend my cowsin's wedding in San Francisco. 

What do you think?  Keep or sell? 

3 comments:

Myrna Villanueva said...

I thought your new employer is an American Company? Ask them if they will pay for your moving expenses.

Rent with option to buy to Micaela.

Nora said...

Con:
The US mortgage market is a mess right now. You might have a hard time selling until it settles out.

Pro:
brand new roof and paint

Chadwick said...

Don't sell! I don't want you to! Crazy people might move in!